Friday, April 9, 2010

Authentic English Style Fish and Chips

I lived in Houston in the early %26#39;80%26#39;s - Cedric%26#39;s had pretty good fish and chips. Is there anything around now. Please do not reply with Long John Silvers or Captain D%26#39;s - THANKS!



Authentic English Style Fish and Chips


Black Lab, Richmond arms, to name a couple.



Authentic English Style Fish and Chips


Hi In,





Try this:





b4-u-eat.com/houston/鈥sv3025.asp





It%26#39;s called the Bull and Bear Tavern, and the reviews look favorable. I agree with Kingwood; the Black Lab is prett authentic, as well.





I do Not recommend the ';Firkin and Phoenix'; for food; as a pub, there are nice people,and plenty of soccer on the big screens, but we were disappointed in the food.





Let us know what you find and enjoy!





cc,



Cupcake




Thank you - I am still a few weeks away from my visit, I will look into these recos. My stay will only be 3 days, so I may or may not be able to get to this meal.




The best in town is the Red Lion on Shepherd. Enjoy :-)




I think the Red Lion looks like the spot - $16 for F%26amp;C is pretty pricey to me... I guess I have issue with that as I know so many great inexpensive places to eat in HOU. I did put it in my notes and will see if the mood strikes. Thanks!


  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment