Sunday, April 4, 2010

Any ideas for ';sweet 16'; party, 30 friends, what to do???

Our daughter is turning ';sweet 16'; soon, and really wants to have a great party with about 30 of her friends, both males and females. We are in the area, but I just don%26#39;t know what to do for her. Do any of you have suggestions for a great evening in the DFW metroplex? All ideas welcome!



Any ideas for ';sweet 16'; party, 30 friends, what to do???


Two important questions that may help us come up with options --





1. What does she like to do?





2. How much money do you want to spend?



Any ideas for ';sweet 16'; party, 30 friends, what to do???


One other important question -- When is her birthday?




Depending on when the b-day is...



There are some fun things in the evenings:



DMA on Thurs nights or on the 3rd Friday of the month.



Nasher Sculpture Center is open some evenings.



Belmont Hotel is showing movies by the pool on some Wed evenings. They have a hospitality suite with two rooms attached on either side. One with a nice balcony. Had my son%26#39;s 13th b-day here.



My son had his 15th b-day at an art studio with a co-ed group like your%26#39;s and they drew on t-shirts w/ sharpies.




She likes to watch movies, listen to music, travel, and just hang out. She%26#39;s not into sports much. We will celebrate sometime in June or early July. I%26#39;d like to keep it under $1,000. Thanks for the ideas!




You could find a show at the House of Blues and have dinner there beforehand.




I have no idea how much it would cost, but perhaps you could rent out a theater at the Angelika for a private screening for her and her friends -- angelikafilmcenter.com/…




I thought about House of Blues, but I didn%26#39;t know if they would allow 16 year olds, as we haven%26#39;t been there. Also thought about Hotel ZaZa. They have a Rock Star suite that looks pretty cool. Thanks so much for giving me some ideas to think about!




I%26#39;ve taken my 15 yr old son to shows at HOB when he was 14. They do wristbands for people drinking.




Sweet 16? I don%26#39;t know about your children, but I know that all my nephews and nieces love this show called America%26#39;s Best Dance Crew.





At the risk of sounding like a spammer, lol...



It%26#39;s a dance competition and the winners of the last season are coming to town on this Saturday at the Palladium Ballroom in Dallas.





Here is a link --%26gt; http://accessdallas.com/theshow





They also do a fashion show as well.





I%26#39;m taking a few of my nephews and I got a good price on tickets because my cousin is involved. I can probably do the same for you or anybody else interested. Just send me an email at billysmessages@gmail.com




Oh, I would also recommend going to ticketmaster.com and looking up some concerts. There are some good ones coming next month, depending on when her bday is.

No comments:

Post a Comment