Friday, April 9, 2010

Embassy Suites

Hello~



I have reservations for three nights at the Embassy Suites downtown (Lake Travis) in October. However, I am having second thoughts after reading some of the reviews. Is it old and run down as some have indicated? Would the Embassy Artoretum be a better choice? How far is it from downtown --- Capital etc.? Any help will be appreciated.





Thanks~



Embassy Suites


I think I put the wrong lake in my post. I think the Embassy is near Town Lake not Travis. Sorry~



Embassy Suites


If you%26#39;re coming to Austin to see the sights as a tourist, as opposed to coming for business, I would not move to the ES at the Arboretum. The ES downtown is a great location, while staying at the Arboretum would require you to drive in traffic to get to and from downtown. Also, the Arboretum is more of a residential and retail area that doesn%26#39;t really look much different from any other suburban area.




I totally agree with Mr. Ted. The Arboretum area is to be used if you%26#39;re here on business and doing business in that corner of the world! There%26#39;s a lot of traffic in that area and staying there would be like staying in any city in the US.





Almost all the fun things that make Austin unique are downtown.





I%26#39;ve read the mixed reviews for the Embassy Suites. While it%26#39;s not the newest or the most recently remodeled, I%26#39;ve found that most people are very pleased with the hotel and especially happy with its location for downtown, bat watching etc. It is not run down and the staff will go out of their way to be accommodating.





Don%26#39;t forget to request your visitor%26#39;s guide and maps from www.austintexas.org.





Hope this helps.




We stayed there at Easter for a brief visit. I was pleased with the value. Yes, I%26#39;ve stayed at more luxury hotels that were nicer, but this one was pretty good. I think they may have been doing some updating. Our room was clean, the bathroom perhaps a little dated, but not too bad. We enjoyed the pool area %26amp; fitness room. The breakfast was okay, and the happy hour so-so, but that comes with the rate! Great location, really can%26#39;t beat it for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment