Friday, April 9, 2010

Casey's

I have read good reviews about Casey%26#39;s My husband says it is a chain restaurant. Does anyone know if that is true or not?



Casey's


Casey%26#39;s is affiliated with Gaido%26#39;s, but I think the only one is the one on Seawall in Galveston. Here%26#39;s the website, which is linked from the Gaido%26#39;s website -- http://www.gaidos.com/about/caseys.htm



Casey's


I have never heard that CAsey%26#39;s is a chain, but I am still pissed at Caseys because it arbitrarily decides to not do takeouts, even when you stay at their motel. And they are extremely rude about it. Gaidos restaurant, on the other hand is terrific and very nice.




Was extremely underwhelmed by the quality and taste of food when we ate at Casey%26#39;s in March.




I%26#39;ve not been to Casey%26#39;s but Gaido%26#39;s does nothing for me. Our last trip to Galveston%26#39;s best seafood meat was at Nate%26#39;s at Jamaica Beach and was quite reasonably priced!!




Well OK, we did go there and it was alright. The price was fine but I had to pay $0.59 for a little tiny salad. I would have much preferred to have cole slaw but it was not an option. The food was just OK, nothing special as I was expecting. Actually, I am not that much of a seafood person but DH is. He had some kind of dish that had a little bit of everything and he said it was just ok but would not go back. That means alot. I had catfish(with the crappy tiny salad) The catfish tastsed fine to me, BUT it was sitting on top of some french looking bread. I thought they were supposed to be some kind of hush puppy tasting bread...but OMG...do NOT even think about trying it. EWWWWW! When the waiter checked on us I asked about the ';bread'; and he told me the bread was actually there to soak up the grease from the catfish. Well that was pretty disgusting to me to realize I tasted a grease soaked gwajit. Nasty,gross as my GD would say. I have never had catfish that was so greasy it needed a grease soaker, but as I said, I do not eat much fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment