Sunday, April 4, 2010

I have lived here for 40 years so ask me anything.

I know the whole area like the back of my hand and know the best places to go and do and see. Let me help with inside information. I have lived here for 40 years. Just got married and the wedding was ABSOLUTELY perfect!





I have lived here for 40 years so ask me anything.


Thanks for all your help islandprincess, I thought of yet another question. Is there anywhere at the marina that we can buy shrimp right off the boat? I have a source in Port Aransasa and would really appreciate a similar one in SPI. If not, where is the best place to buy fresh seafood to cook in our condo?



I have lived here for 40 years so ask me anything.


IMHO, the B%26amp;A seafood market is Port Isabel is the best place to get fresh seafood. Right on the hiway not far from WalMart. They have been around forever and know their business.




B%26amp;A Seafood is on the right side of Highway 100 if you are coming off the causeway from the Island. They can be a bit pricey sometimes but oh, well, what you gonna do? Try across the street where Hwy 100 turns goes over the channel. There is a Quick Stop, the one with all the cool fishing quotes on the marquis, that has big fresh shrimp that are great for butterflied fried or coconut shrimp. I did not want to pay Island prices for a few coconut shrimp so I did it myself at home and boy, was that good eatin%26#39;! Your best deal is to find a shrimper who can get you the greatest deal. I will email you his number privately. $25.00 with this guy is like over $100 and some from some of these stores. It is what they do.




How about Reyes Seafood in Laguna Heights? I know that B%26amp;A get their oysters from them and they are delicious,but we have never stopped at Reyes%26#39;. I wonder how their prices are? I tend to like B%26amp;A because it is scrupulously clean and always friendly. Sorry the restaurant closed in the old spot. Has anyone bought it yet?




Sure, the owner is Meme Reyes and he is an inspirational man whose wife and family are a pleasure to know. You will not find kinder or better or more Christian people. They would give you the shirt off their backs. Their lunch buffet is $7.99 and their hours are from 11-4:30. Meme has said if you eat at their buffet and can%26#39;t drive home they will take you home.




Hi islandprincess. Congrats on your wedding!! I was planning on a trip there this week and was wondering if there are any good spots for finding beach glass/sea glass. Also, are these places accessable to the general public or do I need to get some sort of tour or something? I have seen Big Shell beach pictures and it sort of looks like they have beach glass. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Shar




In response to the question about the restaurant that was in the old B %26amp; A, Darlene (the owner) said back in June that someone was interested in opening it and using the same cook they had previously. I am keeping my fingers crossed! I sure miss that food.





BTW, I was under the impression that the Quik Stop and B%26amp;A were run by the same family. When B%26amp;A is closed, the sign always sends you to the Quik Stop, and at one time Darlene was talking about putting the restaurant over there.... but I%26#39;ve been wrong before




Congratulations!





Going next June with my family no children in group wondering what is the best hotel to stay in? We are not wanting to rent anything hotel would be best for us.





Wanting something more upscale with great pool.









Thanks




I am wanting to send my son and new bride, wedding Aug 9, 08 there for honeymoon. Looking possibly for top rated hotel with honeymoon suite, balcony w/ocean view, on the beach. Something really, really nice. They can only stay 3 nights, then back to work. I thought the Sheraton, but saw bad reviews because of construction close by. La Copa? Read roof blew off Bahia Mar. How is Radisson? I can%26#39;t really tell what is right on the beach. Reviews on the internet are so mixed it is hard to really tell what is good or not. Thanks for any help.




Did I say Luxury and/or jacuzzi? I am wanting to really treat them. They are hard working, very responsible, super young people.


  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment