Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lake Travis/Horseshoe Bay Area - July 4th

Can anyone tell me about this area. It seems some people say areas of the lake are dry. I have looked at Point Venture, Briarcliff, Lakeway, The Hollows, Horseshoe Bay and around there. Are there areas that are better than others with regard to lake accessibility and where to stay? Any info would be so helpful. Thank you.



Lake Travis/Horseshoe Bay Area - July 4th


We have a home in Briarcliff and since we boat/jetski around that area I can only comment on that.



I have been out several times on the lake this year, mainly around Pace Bend Park, and yes I would say the water is the lowest it has been in several years but the lake is still very enjoyable. Just be sure to be careful if you venture back into coves and a depth finder is a true asset right now. If you are trailering a boat in, many of the boat ramps are inaccessible due to the water level and I have yet to see one that is available for launch (although I did hear there is one in Pace Bend Park). I would suggest contacting Briarcliff Marina if you want to receive more specific information, http://www.briarcliffmarina.com/.



A group of friends and I will also be out on the lake July 4th weekend, hope you have fun!



Lake Travis/Horseshoe Bay Area - July 4th


Thanks Maverick so much!!




Horseshoe Bay is on Lake LBJ not Travis, LBJ is a constant level lake and is packed with boat traffic on weekends.




Thank you Wesheltoni - I am aware that Travis and Horseshoe Bay are 2 separate lakes. I have been to both in the past. I was just inquiring which was better at this time for lake levels, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment