Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ribs as GREAT as Luther's were...

Does anyone know of a place that is still open that has pork ribs as good as Luther%26#39;s used to? Pappas is NOT, how about any indie places? Luthers had such a wonderful rub, and the 24 hours in the smoker made them somewhat unique...



Ribs as GREAT as Luther's were...


Luther%26#39;s was great fast BBQ, wasn%26#39;t it! I miss them, Pappa%26#39;s, who took over the Luther%26#39;s has good meat, but not good sauce.



Can%26#39;t help you on a new place. I don%26#39;t eat ribs, my husband only eats beef ribs. He likes the ribs at County Line BBQ, on Cutten Rd near Willowbrook Mall.



Ribs as GREAT as Luther's were...


Try Lulings (on Richmond). I think Otto%26#39;s also have pork ribs - have not been there in a long time (hope it is still open) - they had the best hamburgers (on Memorial).




Hi IN,





I knowwww...we were just saying the other day that we found better ribs in Grand Cayman, than we could find IN Texas, near home! Sad...I miss Luther%26#39;s too!





We have had good ribs at Barnaby%26#39;s, although it is not a bbq %26#39;place%26#39;,but has very good food, all the same-- and I have heard that Pizzitola%26#39;s has good ribs.





Please try this website for finding good food in H-town; you can input your specifics on the left column, and it has great, Real reviews (like TA! :)





Go to:





http://www.b4-u-eat.com/





I was wondering what happened to those little tumble-down places of my childhood with great bbq; off the beaten path, family run and owned, and wonderful food? We do know of One of those...Hinze BBQ, but it is in Sealy, TX, a good 90 minutes away...but their ribs are great, if you do hit the road!





Enjoy Texas!





cc,



Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment