Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top 40 R&B booty moving dance clubs

Hello everyone,





My husband and I will be visiting Austin next week and we love to get our groove on. Any suggestions on what clubs might offer great dancing music?



Top 40 R%26amp;B booty moving dance clubs


OK Mr.Ted I%26#39;m waiting for your recommendation on booty moving dance clubs?!?!?!? :)



Top 40 R%26amp;B booty moving dance clubs


You might try Spin Nightclub(used to be Sky Lounge) at 416 Congress Ave. If they are still around.




Jodi - no fair saving Mr. Ted ! :)




I%26#39;m still interested in what she%26#39;s going to say too!





(sorry whiro2, we all really enjoy helping people on this forum, not trying to take over your thread)




Ok, guys, I don%26#39;t do much booty shaking to Top 40 music, but for the most likely places to have rockin%26#39; music I would just start wandering down 6th Street and listen for something that sounds good. If you want live music, Emo%26#39;s at 6th and Red River is most likely to have a rock or punk or some sort of variation thereof. If you want to dance to music put on by a DJ, your choices may be a bit more limited. There is a dance club on 6th Street called Vice (I think), but I%26#39;ve never been there and know nothing about it. Spiro%26#39;s on Red River just up from 6th Street also plays dance music and when I%26#39;ve been in that area, it always seems lively.




On second thought, Spiros may not be the place to go -- statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs鈥?/a>





Don%26#39;t let this discourage you from visiting downtown Austin. For the most part, I think Austin is incredibly safe and there is a large polic prescence in the 6th Street area. Spiros just may be a bit more lively than I originally thought.




Thanks for the suggestions. I%26#39;ve been doing some of my own research. What do you think about these clubs?





The Marq



Gruv



6 Lounge



Union Park



Canvas



Barcelona



Red Fez



Pangea



Pure Ultra Lounge





I really prefer DJ%26#39;s to live music when it comes to dancing. However, I don%26#39;t like a lot of mixing and scratching of the music. I prefer to dance to the music I hear on the radio.....Top 40.





Sorry I%26#39;m being so picky. It%26#39;s just that when my husband and I get away on vacation from the kids I don%26#39;t want to be disappointed by not being able to find a club to dance at. Dancing fills my soul and I just want to have fun! I%26#39;m not there to drink and act crazy. I go to let loose and ';get my freak on.'; =)





Thanks in advance for your opinions.





***Robin






Pangea and Pure are ';ultra lounges.'; They have high covers, specialize in bottle service, and from what I%26#39;ve heard walking by, play mostly house music, not so much Top 40 radio stuff. A club that plays Top 40 is going to be kind of hard to come by here . . . there just aren%26#39;t a lot of dance clubs to begin with and fewer that are along those lines. Honestly, the best dance places are really gay bars. Oil Can Harry%26#39;s and Rainbow Cattle Company are very lively dance places that attract a pretty mixed crowd on weekends. Gruv, Union Park, and Red Fez are more drinking and hanging out places than dance clubs in my mind, but there will be music playing. I haven%26#39;t heard of the others. Sorry! Try asking at your hotel when you get to town. The valet staff at any hotel usually has the best suggestions. I hope you find what you%26#39;re looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment