Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How has Galveston recovered from Ike?

Considering a trip to Galveston in late June, how has the area recovered from Ike? Never been there, also looking for a recomendation on a 1 - 2 BDRM condo, upscale / new, walk to beach. Thanks!



How has Galveston recovered from Ike?


Just went there this weekend. Please see my list of openings on my review and photos. Don%26#39;t know about the condo. We always stay at Gaido%26#39;s.





Good luck.



How has Galveston recovered from Ike?


See the Galvestonian - it is right on the beach, beautifully-decorated, and very quiet most of the time. http://www.galvestonian.com/




Thank you boilingintexas and terryyahoo for your responses, very helpful. I am suprised I did not find the Galvestonian in my many hours of web searching. Sounds like a great property, they need to update their marketing. We booked a renovated condo at By the Sea Condos www.vrbo.com/183447 and it looks amazing, cant wait to get there.





Will definately try Gaidos as it seems to get great reviews. I saw somewhere you can buy fresh shrimp right off the boats, any tips on this?





Thanks!




You can usually buy shrimp off the boats, but I didn%26#39;t see any this time. But, I didn%26#39;t get on the bay side this time and that is usually where they come in.





I just left the beach last week and already I am ready to go back. I didn%26#39;t get enough beach time.





Maybe I%26#39;ll get a chance to go down to the sandcastle competition June 4th.





Have a great time.



tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17271-Best_Sho…




My mom and stepdad are still living in their RV. The last time we went shopping for furniture (20 years ago) she was incredibly excited. Now she seems to drag her feet and not want to get started.





Many touristy places have reopened or found new locations to open, but some landmarks like the Balinese are gone for good. Grace Episcopal discovered lovely wooden floors beneath the carpet they had to trash and hopefully will be getting their restored pews back soon. These are the same pews that drifted away in the 1900 storm, only to be brought back by islanders as they were found even weeks after the storm. Please consider taking a tour of Grace along with all your other vacation plans.




Thanks again! I will be sure to get to the bay and look for the shrimp boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment