Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Road Trip Must See's and Misses

Hello! I am taking a Road Trip from New Orleans to Seattle. I am traveling Through Texas and want to see everything! I don%26#39;t have to stay on the coast. I was wondering what cities and attractions I shouldn%26#39;t

miss and what I can save for another trip. I do want to see Dallas and Austin for sure. I am planning like I don%26#39;t have a time line so that I can pick and choose where to go. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know thanks!

Road Trip Must See's and Misses

As you have read over the Texas forums, what kind of things have caught your eye?

Could you share some of your interests or reasons to visit Texas?

History? Music? Scenary? Camping? Shopping? Sports? Art? Cowboys?

That will help with suggestions- it%26#39;s a big place and it helps to narrow it down a bit.

Road Trip Must See's and Misses

What route were you planning on taking? Houston, San Antonio, Austin seem like the most obvious choices.


Are you planning to take I-10 all the way across Texas? If so, Dallas would be a long way out of your way. If you must see Dallas, you could do as mentioned above -- Houston, San Antonio, Austin -- then take I-35 up to Dallas and Ft. Worth, and then take I-20 West and maybe hit El Paso, or even go down into the Big Bend if you truly have no timeline. With that route, you would really see a big chunk of Texas and get an idea of the diversity of the the state.


I have made a very similar drive (round trip) and have a list of ';must-see'; and ';could see'; attractions along the way: (This is assuming you are driving the entire way)

New Orleans: must see

plantation homes around New Orleans: could see

LSU sports game in Baton Rouge: could see

Natchitoches, LA: charming small southern town: could see

Dallas: sports game/good food - would also visit Fort Worth

Austin, TX: must see (many people%26#39;s favorite city in TX) good live music, food, etc

San Antonio: must see

There%26#39;s not much between San Antonio and El Paso, but you should visit some of the small towns in the Texas Hill Country and see Big Bend National Park (must see)

Santa Fe, New Mexico: must see

If you are a golfer, stop in Phoenix area to play - some great courses out there

Grand Canyon; must see

Las Vegas: must see

Sequoia National Park: must see

Yosemite National Park: must see

San Francisco: must see

Napa/Sonoma Valley: must see

after Yosemite head west to the coast and stay on Highway 1 north - gorgeous drive - as long as you can

I would take it all the way up to Seattle

That is actually my dream drive (San Francisco to Seattle on Highway 1) I have not made it quite that far

there are plenty of other things to see along the way but I pointed out the big ones that I could remember

if you have more time, I would drive all the way to San Diego and spend some time there before heading north - very nice city. I would definitely plan to spend some time in and around Seattle too - great city!

you may not want to see so many National Parks but, if you see these, you will see some of the most beautiful land in America

have fun!


We will travel through texas from New Orleans to Las Vegas. We would like to see some rodeo, traditional american life, line dancing, hillbillies etc. What places and things should we now miss on our way? First we were thinking of heading to El Paso before heading for Las Vegas, but that is not necessary if we can find interesting cities on other routes...


wow thanks for all your responses. I am pretty much up for anything. I%26#39;m going on a road trip I will go see a big ball of yarn. Anything goes which is my problem. I want to see everything. Since I am driving that far I will have to cut things out. We do have to go to Dallas because we are going to the Dallas and Titans game. I was thinking driving from New Orleans to Dallas than down to Austin and San Antonio then continue to the west coast. I was just wondering if I should add anything to my route. I will work it into my route so going anywhere worth it won%26#39;t be going out of my way. Thanks for all the reply%26#39;s and keep them coming!

  • natural remedies for pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment