Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Relocating

Hello.....I%26#39;m from Los Angeles and I will be relocating to San Antonio. How well is the public transportation vs. using a car? Keep in mind I am coming from a city where your vehicle is your 2nd home. Would it be the same in San Antonio? Would I need a car to get me around everywhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.



Relocating


its the same, but there is bus service



Relocating


If you%26#39;re accustomed to driving IH-5, then even the 281/1604 corridors won%26#39;t feel too bad to you. Traffic here doesn%26#39;t really compare to that...





Depending on where you choose to settle, you could find yourself driving only 10-15 minutes each way to/from work. The absolute worst cases are around 1-1.5 hours.




Let me say 1st Welcome to San Antonio glad you are relocating here. I think you%26#39;ll find people in SA are very friendly %26amp; helpful %26amp; know how to party.



Now to your question



No you won%26#39;t have to consider the car your 2nd home.



lst it depends where you live.



2nd how close to public transportation



3rd Traffic isn%26#39;t as bad



I personally would think a car is better to get around but each their own. SA has the rush hour but it isn%26#39;t as bad as LA IMO.



Hope you move goes without any problems.



Are you moving here due to a job??? Do you plan to live close to where you work??? Have you check out any areas in SA????




I dont know know where Pruske lives, but ';traffic is not bad';. Well that depends on where you live and work, yes its not Austin, Dallas or Houston or LA, but IH 10 can be bad and 281 is the worst in town. And 1604 is Satans traffic workshop.





And about second home? I have a time meter in my car, I spend about 14-16 hours a weeks behind the wheel and that not counting when I have to drive out of Bexar County.

No comments:

Post a Comment