Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drive to Orlando, FL from Dallas

Did anyone here ever drive from Dallas TX area (or other area in Texas) to Orlando?



Any suggestion on where to visit before arriving in Orlando





Thanks a lot!



Drive to Orlando, FL from Dallas


Not sure if you plan to take it easy going up and down with several stops, or how much you want to detour. The quick answer is to stop in New Orleans (almost halfway).



Drive to Orlando, FL from Dallas


I drive from the Houston area to the Orlando area almost every summer. What type of places to visit are you looking for? I can drive it in a day if I don%26#39;t stop and look around, or longer if I want to sightsee. I never stop in New Orleans on the way there, but usually on the way back.



It might help to know the ages and number of people in your traveling party.




Thanks for your reply.



I don%26#39;t think I can drive all the way to Orlando. We have to stop in the middle for one night. My kids are 10 and 9. My mom is also with us, and she is 70+.





I am thinking to drive 10 hours on the first day, stop in Mobil maybe? then 7 more hours on the 2nd day.





During the 1st day, is there any place that we can see (besides just stopping at the rest place)?





Thanks again!




What may be a good place/City in between to take rest if I drive from Houston to Orlando? I%26#39;d like to drive for 8-10 hrs on day 1. I am traveling with kids so need to take rest in between. Please advise. Thanks for your help.




Destin, FL for the beach might work. May be a little more family friendly than NO.




I%26#39;d stop in Pensacola and take the kids to see the National Museum of Naval Aviation in the morning before driving on to Orlando.





You don%26#39;t mention if you%26#39;re driving there and back or whether this is a one-way drive, nor how much time you have available for the trip in either direction. That would be helpful to know to best give recommendations.




We have been making the drive from Houston to Orlando almost every year since 1992. We always drive straight through to Talahassee on the first day, leaving very early in the morning, taking a good stop for lunch and a lot of stretch breaks at the various rest areas (some are really nice, the first one in Florida has orange juice, brochures and lovely grounds). This leg of the trip usually takes about 14 hours including the stops. Then the next day we only have a 4 hour or so drive into Orlando. We always stop in Ocala for the Disney welcome area and take a breather. It%26#39;s not a bad ride if you stop and stretch and relax mid day. Have fun!


  • blemishes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment