Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Beef Jerky

Does anyone know where is the best beef jerky in Amarillo? My boss would bring me some from Amarillo but they were in a brown paper bag without the company%26#39;s name.





thanks.



Beef Jerky


i can%26#39;t speak for any specific beef jerky, but many gas stations (usually in rural areas of Texas) sell ';fresh'; beef jerky that is stored in a glass jar. This jerky is usually made locally and must be consumed sooner than the kind of jerky that is mass-produced and shrink-wrapped. if you are driving through Texas and stop at a gas station or small grocery store, then look for jerky in a glass jar or hanging on a small rope. I know it sounds strange, but it%26#39;s much better than the pre-packaged kind.



Beef Jerky


the beef jerky was probably from Edes meats. They are a butcher shop here in Amarillo/Canyon area and they sell their jerky in some convience stores here. You can always get it directly from Edes also




OK TexasHam - around San Antonio, what%26#39;s your favorite Jerky? My votes:





Whittington%26#39;s in Johnson City http://www.whittingtonsjerky.com/





Buc-cee%26#39;s from Luling - I particularly like there smoked pork tenderloin (not really jerky) but I do like their Turkey Jerky. http://www.bucees.com/photos.htm




hey Octoboy, I%26#39;ve never had the jerky from Luling, but I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;s great. I did just recently buy four kinds of jerky from Whittington%26#39;s that I%26#39;m taking with me on a trip next week to Wyoming. It%26#39;s probably some of the best jerky I%26#39;ve ever had! The spicy turkey and garlic beef rule! I will definitely go back there. Are there any places in SA to get good jerky?




I don’t usually get jerky in town, I guess it’s a traveling food for me.




The beef jerky was definitely from Eade%26#39;s Meats. Their butcher shop is on I-27 @ McCormick I believe. Best jerky in 3 states!!!




Edes%26#39; Custome Meats.





Edes Custom Meats Ltd



(806) 622-0205



6700 W McCormick Rd



Amarillo, TX 79118





No website that I could find.





Jeff





Macaroni Joe%26#39;s




Edes beef jerky is absolutely the best there is! I got some on my way through Texas and couldn%26#39;t believe how juicy (yes, juicy) it was. Just mouth savoring!





And it does come in a brown paper bag w/the company%26#39;s name on it.




Edes has the best beef jerkey anywhere. It is much better if you buy it at the butcher shop because it is fresher.(they also have a flawless chili mix ans excellent rubs.....not to mention the quality of their meats, and great selection!) It really becomes terrible when it gets old and dry, so I wouldn%26#39;t trust the convenience store. We put the paper bag in a ziplock as soon as we get it, it starts to dry out in about a week.




You can get Eades jerky at all the Pak a Sak convenience stores. And yes, it is very very good.


  • blemishes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment