Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My personal favorite Ft Worth things

I just thought I%26#39;d post and share some of my favorite places to eat and go in Ft Worth. I%26#39;ve lived in Tarrant Co for 8 years, hubby has been here 10 and we love it here!





Food:



Mexican: Uncle Julio%26#39;s for chips and salsa and fajitas



Benito%26#39;s for pico de gallo and lunch specials



Fuzzy%26#39;s taco shop for taco%26#39;s, chicken enchiladas and white cheese dip





Pizza: Mama%26#39;s then Mellow Mushroom-great patio





Burger: Kincaid%26#39;s





Sandwich: Central Market Cafe to Go-great patio





Salad: Old Neighborhood Grill





Italian: Margie%26#39;s





To go and do:



get mix and match beers and hang on patio at Central Market



Rose gardens at the Botanical gardens



Main St Arts Festival, especially the music



nice day at the Stockyards, enjoy Brad Hines if he%26#39;s playing at the Love Shack and get ice cream and Texas art at the Bullring



bike/picnic at Trinity Park



the museum%26#39;s



live music at the Flying Saucer downtown



concerts at Mayfest



check out galleries/art shops, especially The Artful Hand



My personal favorite Ft Worth things


We are planning a weekend trip in May to Ft. Worth. I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about Mayfest.





Thanks





My personal favorite Ft Worth things


Kincaids +1





how %26#39;bout



Paris Coffee shop




Nice list, Aggie. I office out of Fort Worth.





I%26#39;ll list a few personal favorites;





I%26#39;m really fond of taking in and simply taking out of towners to the culture district. I think it really ends the debate that Texas has no culture.





The Seventh St. area west of the Trinity River is really changing and I%26#39;m looking forward to great times in the area.





The new Omni I think will add a new level of sophistication downtown that%26#39;s already teeming with activity.





I%26#39;m fond of Lucille%26#39;s for breakfast on weekends.



My favortie Tex-Mex is El Asadero on Main just a bit south of the stockyards. It%26#39;s a hole-in-the-wall though.





I take out of town guests to La Familia off of Seventh St. for Tex-Mex in pleasant surroundings. No one beats their service.





Gloria%26#39;s is a great addition and nice change of pace to the Fort Worth dining scene.





The Spiral Diner is surprisingly good. I%26#39;m not even a vegetarian, but my wife is, and we%26#39;ve enjoyed the place several times.





Hot Damn Tamales MUST be experienced.





I think some of the local restaurants are under appreciated and over shadowed by the Dallas bretheren.





Louise%26#39;s



Reata



Lanny%26#39;s place



St. Emillion



Lonesome Dove





Are all local worthy dining scenes.





I have a soft spot for Sardine%26#39;s. Something about the atmosphere and the jazz makes my wife particularly frisky.





I miss the old JJ%26#39;s Hideaway. Best lounge to hide from work in Fort Worth.





The jazz club in Sundance Square area (Scat ?) has given me a few good times.





Taverna, Ferre, and 8.0 have all been fun spots one time or another.





I think the Bass Hall is a stunning structure inside.



It%26#39;s worth taking the hour long tour sometimes. I also learned the hard way about buying the cheap seats in the upper gallery for a ';Scrooge'; performance about 1 1/2 years ago too. Those seats seemed built for children.





I think we underappreciate our zoos sometime. Combine the Fort Worth zoo with the Dallas zoo, throw in the Dallas World Aquarium and Fossil Ridge and do we REALLY need to see the San Diego zoo?





San Antonio Sea World is mighty close as well.





I%26#39;m sometimes fond of some of the local taquerias. Some of the best tasting Mexican food in north Texas come out of these stands.





I live in Denton and like Dallas and Fort Worth equally well. Different vibes and I appreciate both equally well.




This should tell you most of what you need to know about Mayfest;





www.mayfest.org




Thanks for mentioning JJ%26#39;s Hideaway, dentonjohn.



Had some great times there!



RIP





Both you and BbA have mentioned some of my favorites, especially the White Elephant for beer, music and relaxation and sitting on the roof at Reatas with a glass of wine. Gotta love lunch at either the Modern or Kimbell.





Love LaGrave Field and watching the Fort Worth Cats.





Riding bikes on Trinity Trails.





So much of the downtown architecture,especially the Flatiron Building





Etta%26#39;s Place





Parade of Lights and the Christmas tree




Starting to love my FW area for these things:



Margaritas/patio-Joe T%26#39;s



Mexican breakfast- Eperanza%26#39;s



Mexican-Molcajetes



Burger-Kincaid%26#39;s the original and Lili%26#39;s Bistro



Pizza-Nizza Pizza



Italian-been wanting to try Piola%26#39;s but haven%26#39;t made it yet



BBQ-Angelo%26#39;s



The best part there is so much more out there waiting for my taste buds to judge.





See/Do-



Science Musuem



Plenty of Art Museums



Zoo



Log Cabing Village



Botanical Gardens



Water Gardens



Cats Baseball



Drive-in Movie



Various Lakes



Stockyards



Sundance Square



Duck Pond



Trinity River/trails



Duck Day on the Trinity



Many marathons



Main St. Art Festival



Mayfest



Christmas Parade of lights



Wineries



Breweries



Horse Trails



DFW Airport is one of the best out there



Billy Bob%26#39;s



Houston St. Bar/Lounge%26#39;s



CONCERTS!



N those are the things I know about imagine how much more is out there to find out about.




Here are a couple more:



Mexican (with a seafood spin)---La Playa Maya off of North Main (shrimp/cheese enchiladas are to die for!)





We love wineries and have gone a couple of times to: Light Catcher Winery --near Azle in Lakeside





and right across the highway :The Fort Worth Nature Center







Grapevine Wineries are wonderful!!





The Gaylord--great place for pictures and to just look at the wonderful scenery--great for a weekend getaway to. Glass Cactus is a wonderful club!!




Hot Damn Tamales is high on my to do list.





I love reading the lists of others to look for new ideas for us!





I%26#39;ve been dieting and working out a lot this year so my dining out has been limited to 1 splurge meal/week and it%26#39;s hard to tear myself away from my fav%26#39;s!!

No comments:

Post a Comment